Friday, October 8, 2010

Due to lack of interest I am closing this blog.

I will continue researching various elements of Cuban society but not only lack of interest but one long time friend actually turned his back on me because of my enthusiasm for a society that celebrates music, baseball, dance and friendliness without arrogance. 

If you are logging on, my past posts are on the right side of this page. 

I am currently comparing drug traffic in US, Mexico and Cuba. So far I am seeing that lots of traffic passes by Cuba on the way to the US but there is no market on for drugs on the island. Does anyone doubt the traffic is all headed to the US no matter where it originates. I think we are observing the final stage of The Closing of The American Mind. (a book title from the '70s, I think--I'll look it up) Our schools are deplorable but politicians still vote themselves raises and spend huge amounts to get re elected. Why not? It's a cash cow for life. Why is it our esteemed leaders don't want you to know Cuba way out ranks the US in college graduates and literacy. 


One more comment before I sign off: regarding legalizing pot and eventually drugs: ARE YOU KIDDING? Here's my solution, Mandatory Rehab Insurance to sell or buy drugs of any kind. Of course drugs for health reasons would be excluded and please don't try to pass off the 'pot for medical reason' on a mother who saw a son die in a jail cell full of drugs which all started with, big surprise, POT. Anyway this move would save the tax payer the cost of rehab for the brain dead user and put an end to the cartels. Tax dollars would roll in but in my 73 year old, drug free, brain tells me those tax dollars would end up somewhere other than schools.

I'll wait one week. No comments, this blog is closed.

1 comment:

  1. Please oh please do not close this Judy. I really do value your opinion on these issues. You have such a positive perspective on a country that is always shed in a harsh light. Don't let what one person says be the end of what has been and still is a wonderful read.

    ReplyDelete