Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mexico

I would like to say a few words about Mexico since my words regarding the current situation there may have hurt some feelings of my Mexican friends. I love Mexico. I love their culture, I envy their devotion and loyalty to family and the beauty of their country. The ugliness of the drug wars in Mexico is due to the demand for drugs here in the U.S. so both countries are the losers all for the love of the dollars in the drug trade. I am thankful for my Mexican friends here in San Diego and for the time I spent in Mexico during the old days. If it weren't for the addictive power of drugs, I would still have my son Daniel in my life. He would have been 46 on November 27th. He probably would have played football maybe on the professional level but he would have been a scientist and he would have been a devoted brother to Charlie and John and in his proper place between those two as my third son. No amount of money made in the drug business is worth what families have given up for the sake of a dollar.  My research on Cuba reveals that there is not a drug problem on the island. If that is so, how have they been able to accomplish that? If we finally  have the freedom to travel there I hope we don't take the destruction of drugs with us when we visit because once it begins, it is very hard to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment