Friday, February 11, 2011

Exploring San Diego

Nine years ago I left the mid west and settled down for a whole new life in San Diego, CA. I had a job but no friends. I didn't bring any furniture so I slept on the floor for six months. Little by little I established a new life here in Southern California. My 74th birthday will be in April. I retired when I was 70 and now live in a senior building with affordable rent and neighbors who are all over 62 so we have the same issues. In an effort to hang on to the savings I built up while working, I try to live on my fix income from Social Security. How? I gave up my car. No repair costs, no insurance, no fuel costs, and I never have to look for a place to park. My senior bus pass is $18 a month and I can get just about anywhere I want to go on the bus and trolley. I stay busy with volunteer work and since I still like to travel, I am interviewing today for a part time job so I can save some money to explore more of the U.S. as well as maybe Spain or Italy. As some of you know who have followed my blog, I am a photographer. My new posts will be my adventures in and around San Diego. I hope you enjoy it. 

Let the adventure begin with downtown San Diego:

DOWNTOWN


DOWNTOWN

BANKER'S HILL

Add caption

SAN DIEGO TROLLEY

1 comment:

  1. Ah, The El Cortez. The place where Allan placed down a great deal of money for a really bad condo. That will be what I always remember that hotel for. Beautiful pics as always.

    ReplyDelete